HOW TO PLAY
On "go" Auskickers kick their footy and aim for the stick!
Anyone who hits the stick gets a point.
Slowly up the points, the target is worth. Be careful- get up to a thousand or a million points.
As Auskicker busily "kick the stick", provide some handy hints like:
- Point the toes at the stick ( your target);
- Hold the ball over the leg you're kicking with, and;
- Keep your head over the ball.
Have Auskickers aim to kick over the target, or have an adult handball to the Auskicker before they turn and kick at the stick
Download the Handy Hints below for more technique tips
Use the cones to make a circle, with the goal post target in the middle.
Auskickers are to have one ball and stand next to a cone.
1. Have Auskickers try a run up before the kick.
2. Experiment with using different balls and encourage Auskickers to use their opposite foot.
3. Have Auskickers aim to kick over the target, or have an adult handball to them before they kick the stick.