Pick a player from each team to be the 'rucks' for the 'ball-up'. Throw the ball in the air and the rucks will try to tap to the team. Then away you go with your game.
- No diving on the ball, bumping, tackling or smothering kicks.
- Award a mark irrespective of kick distance, even if the ball is not marked properly.
- Encourage players to spread out but to also be actively involved.
- Be vocal and advise players on what to do.
- After every goal, restart with a ball-up, with a different pair of Auskickers in the ruck.
- Encourage the player to pass or bounce the ball every 10 steps (or every few seconds).
- Make sure every kid gets plenty of touches.
- Have some parents act as goal umpires to retrieve the ball.
- Encourage sharing the ball, passing to teammates and team play
HOW TO SET UP
Add the cones to extend the length of the Activity Squares by 25 meters to make them rectangular.
Place two goal post at either end of each Activity Square. The goals in the middle of the grid is shared by two Activity Squares.
Divide the players in each Activity Squares into two teams and give one team bibs. This will create game which are roughly 6 vs 6.
There are no zones or positions.
Watch the video called " How to run a session ", which explains Mini Matches Further.
Try using the round ball.
Use different method of passing such as handballing only
Play with uneven numbers such as 7 vs 5 to assist with ball moments.