The Sporting Schools program uses games and activities to introduce students to AFL. Activities are adapted to student cohorts and include both coach-delivered and teacher-led programs.
To apply, click the link below. If successful, select ‘AFL’ as your chosen sport. If you need help, please contact us.
This program is led by trained AFL staff who have undertaken safeguarding children training and have relevant S/T Working with Children Checks. It focuses on core AFL skills, and most importantly — having fun!
- Duration: Four weeks
- Age: Primary and Secondary students
- Cost: $400 per class of 30 students
This program provides teachers with lesson plans and resources to run an AFL unit. While we want teachers to feel empowered and self-sufficient, an AFL incursion coordinator can be on-hand to provide guidance and ensure modules are successfully delivered.
Details: Packages are customised to suit your school’s needs, but funding can include:
- AFL equipment to run your program
- Teacher relief to attend AFL Teacher PD days or online sessions
- AFL staff member attendance at your first or last session (where possible)
Cost: Price on application
- AFL is adaptable and can be run at any time of the year, not just in winter!
- You don’t need an AFL oval, posts or even a big space to run an AFL program; we can modify to indoor & small spaces if needed
- We can cater to all abilities, including programming for support needs and modifications for students with additional needs